Chess, anyone?

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A while back my brother, Garrett, told me about these extra large chess pieces put out at The Strand in Galveston. The weird thing is, they aren't left out on Saturday when the real crowds are around. The only time I've seen them are just before or after work. This seems very strange to me, and if someone knows why it's done, please let me know.

Black Knight

I like The Strand. It reminds me of the few vacations we were able to take when I was a kid, and the memory of roaming through the stores, playing with the cheap toys, taking in the shot glasses, T-shirts and visors on a warm summer evening. Finding a chocolate shop made it even better. I also highly recommend Gruene, Tx for its nostologic, warm feel. A summer photo trip may be in order.

Old & New


The Compass Bench

What a cool bench! I played with it a little in Photoshop to make the colors pop, but look at it - I love it!

0 comments: