Relay for Life Weekend

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Galveston Relay for Life was this last weekend, and a friend asked me to take pictures of the event. I've never done anything like that before, so of course I said sure I'd do it. I lost my grandfather and recently my uncle to cancer, so spending some time doing what I love for a good cause, not to mention gaining some experience while I'm at it just seemed like a good thing to do. It was lots of fun, and I took tons of pics. Now I've discovered what this "workflow" business is all about. 1200+ pics. Sorting, tweaking, retweaking. Deleting, Burning, saving. Make it stop! I'm still not done.

By the way, if you haven't heard about the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, here's some info. It's a carnival atmosphere, kids have games to play, there's usually food for sale, and is an all around good time in support of a great cause. Event are held all over, so find one near you and check it out. You don't even have to walk laps (but you can if you'd like), so just show up.


Survivor
Friends and Fun
Team Walk
Spanish Dancers
Luminaria Ceremony
Night Falls

0 comments: