First attempt at liquid, crystal clear eyes

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I've seen portraits where the eyes are crystal clear with a sharp focus, and you feel like you could fall into them. I really want to be able to create the same effect, so I made Maddie pose for me against a tree in the last light of the day. After autofocus did its job, I manually worked on the eyes. Afterward, I used a curves layer to reduce the red and increase light, then an unsharp mask to increase the focus. It's a start, but I've a ways to go.

Here is my picture:



After a quick web search I couldn't find an example of what I'm trying to do in here. I'm sure I'll see something soon, and I'll try to remember to put a link on this post.

Found one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/2043065013/sizes/l/in/set-72157594203939203/

0 comments: